Diabetes - Type 2 Community
Would a kidney blood and urine test have checked for diabetes or shown ...

A community of people with Type 2 Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, wellness, symptoms, and treatments.

Would a kidney blood and urine test have checked for diabetes or shown if I have it?

I thought something was wrong with my kidneys because I have very foamy pee. I got my kidneys checked and nothing was wrong. I am wondering if I have diabetes though. My muscles take a long time to heal, I've recently had frequently occurring sore throats, tiredness, and on some days extreme hunger. I told my mom that I should get a diabetes test, but she said that the test for my kidneys would've shown if I had it. I got tested for it in the beginning of last year and didn't have it. I'm 16 years old btw. If someone could give me their opinion, that'd be great. Thanks
"I told my mom that I should get a diabetes test, but she said that the test for my kidneys would've shown if I had it."

Kidney tests and testing for diabetes are two separate tests. When you had your kidneys tested did you have a discussion about diabetes with your doctor? If yes, ask the doctor if he/she tested for diabetes and the results. If not, know that diabetes can cause foamy urine, urine to smell sweet, cause fatigue, lack of energy, and also cause muscle loss. If you hadn't had a full health exam in a year its time you did, it should include screening for diabetes too. Good luck
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Track your weight