Diabetes - Type 2 Community
a pregnant diabetic i need help

A community of people with Type 2 Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, wellness, symptoms, and treatments.

a pregnant diabetic i need help

Hello .. well I am about 6 week 1/2 pregnant now the problem is I have type two diabetes I've had it since I was 16 and now am 25 . I had got from obesity since then I have lost some weight not all . I was going for the sugery but found I'm pregnant. Now the doctors wants me to monitor my blood sugars but the thing is he wants me to try and bring it down to 120 so that the baby wouldn't be indanger any more . But I'm trying I don't eat or drink any sweets I walk a lot I take my meds as directed at times I go to bed and wake to my blood sugar with out eating would be 230 or more I don't understand I don't eat late either I need help I don't want to lose nor harm my baby can anyone help me out?
Everything changes with diabetes when pregnant.  Some times you have to use insulin during pregnancy but can go right back to your pre-pregnancy regimen after you deliver.  It is nothing you have done but sometimes more difficult to manage.  

with blood sugars at this level you need to be on insulin immediately.  Please discuss this with your doctor and tell them that your sugars are so high.  It is very important to bring your sugars down.  And yes, levels can change dramatically during pregnancy and blood sugars become much harder to control.

first thing is you need to cut out all refined and easy to digest carbs.  Particualrly while you aren't on insulin.  So for now don't eat bread, rice, pasta, fruits.  Eat plenty of veges (except corn and potato), meats, regular fat unsweetened dairy, eggs, nuts etc.

Please also try to walk at least 30 minutes after eating each meal (this will also help to bring your sugars down).

Drink plenty of water.  No sweetened drinks or fruit juices.

Please see your doctor again asap.  My recommendations will help, but you need the input and assistance and proper medication from your doctor.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Track your weight
einaej added the Exercise Tracker
melimeli commented on KeeLolo's status
Aug 21