Diabetes - Type 2 Community
anyone taking Lyrica
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to type 2 diabetes, celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, diabetes nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, gestational diabetes, and insulin pump therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

anyone taking Lyrica

Is anyone out there taking Lyrica ..and if so is it working for you...Dr just put me on it ..was wondering how well it works ..thank ...Slickaroo
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I was prescribed lyrica but insurance made me try neuonitin (sp) for 90 days before trying lyrica.  The neuronitin didn't seem to help, just made me tired.  I've been on lyrica for a week, wondering too if it helps with all over pain, ad how long it takes.  Have you had success with it?  I see you posted back in Dec.  I'd like to know how it is working.  Do you take anything else?
Blank
462570_tn?1273636577
I was prescribed Lyrica for my fibromyalgia but after getting on the Fibro/CFS forum and asking about it - I chose not to try it.  I am a recovering alcoholic and it has the propensity for addiction and after those comments (mostly the ladies that had taken it said that it gave them "brain freeze" and really knocked them out and that they felt almost like they had a hangover the next morning and couldn't really function quickly) I decided it wasn't worth it.  That's my experience with it....
Hope all goes well...
Blank
Yes, i read about the "addition" qualities; but I'm rying it anyhow as my pain is bad.  I'm concerned about th weight gain...why is caused, any insight?
Blank
445698_tn?1208622107
It is better than being put on narcotic pain relievers.....thats all i can say and I don't even take it :)
Blank
I hope so-been there, done that too.  Drs. have been shoveling **** into me for a year now. Makes me very angry.  I can't even get a Dr. to answer my questions on this forum!  Guess nothing surprises me anymore.
Blank
Yes I have taken Lyrica and it worked for me. I took it for nerve damage.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Weight Tracker
Track your weight
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
Blank
Paxiled commented on How much arsenic is i...
Dec 26
11574110_tn?1419509307
Blank
IDev commented on photo
Dec 26
1806721_tn?1388096157
Blank
Pregnancy journal (14 weeks)
Dec 24 by Annie_777
Diabetes - Type 2 Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949