Diabetes - Type 2 Community
anyone taking Lyrica

This patient support community is for discussions relating to type 2 diabetes, celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, diabetes nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, gestational diabetes, and insulin pump therapy.

anyone taking Lyrica

Is anyone out there taking Lyrica ..and if so is it working for you...Dr just put me on it ..was wondering how well it works ..thank ...Slickaroo
I was prescribed lyrica but insurance made me try neuonitin (sp) for 90 days before trying lyrica.  The neuronitin didn't seem to help, just made me tired.  I've been on lyrica for a week, wondering too if it helps with all over pain, ad how long it takes.  Have you had success with it?  I see you posted back in Dec.  I'd like to know how it is working.  Do you take anything else?
I was prescribed Lyrica for my fibromyalgia but after getting on the Fibro/CFS forum and asking about it - I chose not to try it.  I am a recovering alcoholic and it has the propensity for addiction and after those comments (mostly the ladies that had taken it said that it gave them "brain freeze" and really knocked them out and that they felt almost like they had a hangover the next morning and couldn't really function quickly) I decided it wasn't worth it.  That's my experience with it....
Hope all goes well...
Yes, i read about the "addition" qualities; but I'm rying it anyhow as my pain is bad.  I'm concerned about th weight gain...why is caused, any insight?
It is better than being put on narcotic pain relievers.....thats all i can say and I don't even take it :)
I hope so-been there, done that too.  Drs. have been shoveling **** into me for a year now. Makes me very angry.  I can't even get a Dr. to answer my questions on this forum!  Guess nothing surprises me anymore.
Yes I have taken Lyrica and it worked for me. I took it for nerve damage.