Diabetes - Type 2 Community
black toenail
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to type 2 diabetes, celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, diabetes nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, gestational diabetes, and insulin pump therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

black toenail

My husband is 47 years old, 6'2", and weighs 285 lbs.  His diet consists of junk food and beer.  He is active and exercises moderately, alternating between lifting weights and walking on the treadmill.  His toenail on his little toe turned black about two months ago, and even though it has been trimmed, it remains black.  He has now developed a block spot on the toenail of his big toe on the opposite foot.  Could these be signs of the onset of diabetes?  He is VERY reluctant to go to the doctor.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Does Not sound like a symptom of Diabetes.  Usually caused by il fitting shoes or dropping something on your foot or stubbing your toe pretty badly.
Blank
my daughter took her nail polish off, and noticed she had a black spot on her right big toe. She also noticed a small black spot on her left big toe. Should I be concerned///?
Blank
my brother has type 2 diabetes his right leg has become larger and his big toenail is black also the next toe next to the big one is turning black.he also has end stage liver disease. diabetes dr and internist dr also the er can not tell us what to do about this. also his foot hurts like pins are sticking in it. can anyone give me advice ?

thank you
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Weight Tracker
Track your weight