Diabetes - Type 2 Community
black toenail

A community of people with Type 2 Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, wellness, symptoms, and treatments.

black toenail

My husband is 47 years old, 6'2", and weighs 285 lbs.  His diet consists of junk food and beer.  He is active and exercises moderately, alternating between lifting weights and walking on the treadmill.  His toenail on his little toe turned black about two months ago, and even though it has been trimmed, it remains black.  He has now developed a block spot on the toenail of his big toe on the opposite foot.  Could these be signs of the onset of diabetes?  He is VERY reluctant to go to the doctor.
Avatar n tn
Does Not sound like a symptom of Diabetes.  Usually caused by il fitting shoes or dropping something on your foot or stubbing your toe pretty badly.
Avatar n tn
my daughter took her nail polish off, and noticed she had a black spot on her right big toe. She also noticed a small black spot on her left big toe. Should I be concerned///?
my brother has type 2 diabetes his right leg has become larger and his big toenail is black also the next toe next to the big one is turning black.he also has end stage liver disease. diabetes dr and internist dr also the er can not tell us what to do about this. also his foot hurts like pins are sticking in it. can anyone give me advice ?

thank you
Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Track your weight