Aa
A
A
Close
black toenail
My husband is 47 years old, 6'2", and weighs 285 lbs.  His diet consists of junk food and beer.  He is active and exercises moderately, alternating between lifting weights and walking on the treadmill.  His toenail on his little toe turned black about two months ago, and even though it has been trimmed, it remains black.  He has now developed a block spot on the toenail of his big toe on the opposite foot.  Could these be signs of the onset of diabetes?  He is VERY reluctant to go to the doctor.
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Does Not sound like a symptom of Diabetes.  Usually caused by il fitting shoes or dropping something on your foot or stubbing your toe pretty badly.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
my daughter took her nail polish off, and noticed she had a black spot on her right big toe. She also noticed a small black spot on her left big toe. Should I be concerned///?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
my brother has type 2 diabetes his right leg has become larger and his big toenail is black also the next toe next to the big one is turning black.he also has end stage liver disease. diabetes dr and internist dr also the er can not tell us what to do about this. also his foot hurts like pins are sticking in it. can anyone give me advice ?

thank you
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Weight Tracker
Track your weight
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
189897 tn?1441130118
Blank
Sandman2 commented on Green Tea and Green T...
2 hrs ago
134578 tn?1463413330
Blank
AnnieBrooke commented on Green Tea and Green T...
7 hrs ago
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank
gymdandee commented on Green Tea and Green T...
9 hrs ago
Diabetes - Type 2 Community Resources