Diabetes - Type 2 Community
complications

A community of people with Type 2 Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, wellness, symptoms, and treatments.

complications

Hi.  I am 28 years old and was diagnosed with diabetes type 2 in 2007.  I have to take antipsychotic medication, and took Seroquel previous to my diabetes diagnosis, and was told that this could have contributed to the diabetes type 2diagnosis.  I am 5ft 5 inches and weigh 14 and half stones.  I guess this makes me very obese.  I am very worried about developing complications.  I have not developed any so far.  I find junk food like sweet food, burgers, chips etc very tempting and hard to resist.  I take them quite regularly and am desperately trying to stop this.  I wanted to ask that if I have not developed any complications so far and stop my unhealthy eating habits, am I likely to develop complications in the near or distant future (because I have eaten junk regularly ever since my diabetes type 2 diagnosis was made).  I would really appreciate your advice.

Thanks, Katie

This discussion is related to Losing weight to fight diabetes.
What you don't say in your post, Katie, is what your blood sugar readings are. The way to avoid complications is to keep your blood sugar below 140 as much of the time as possible. You are right that eating junk food will raise your blood sugar and having it high for a period of time can lead to complications. Nobody can give you any guarantees, but if you work on losing the weight you need to lose and developing a healthy eating style that will keep your blood sugar low, you will be in a better position to avoid complications in the future. It does get easier to eat healthy when it becomes a habit. Good luck to you!
have you looked into alpha lipoic acid , read all about it and also look up crypto power chlorella , it is normalizing blood suger and blood fat
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Track your weight
CARBS!
13 hrs ago by gymdandee
Paxiled commented on Soy products may decr...
Jul 30
melimeli "dh" is being an ass again,... Comment
Jul 29