diabetes and pregnant
Hi I am 43 years old I been having diabetes for 6 years now, but I don't control my sugar level and are always high like 290 to 300 all the time. Now my question is if I can get pregnant because I don't use birth control I skipped my period this month and I notice a white mucus discharge. Can somebody tell me that I am not pregnant please I have 6 kids already and my youngest one is 2 years old. I don't want any more kids I took some pregnancy test but they all say negative. can somebody please help me out. can I get pregnant with high glucose level.  Thank you

you can possibly get pregnant with high blood sugars, however the risk of birth defects and miscarriage is very high.

If the pregnancy test is negative it is very unlikely that you are pregnant.

Having blood sugars in the range of 290 - 300 all the time is very bad for your health (and I assume you need to be well to look after your children).  You are at very high risk for complications.  Please look after yourself better for the sake of your children.

Please talk to your Dr about how to better manage your diabetes.  Are you taking insulin?  A low carb diet will also be more beneficial to helping control blood sugars.

Please ask more questions if you wnat and we'll do our best to respond.

If you don't want more children please also talk to your Dr about birth control or IUD.