Diabetes - Type 2 Community
diabetes
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to type 2 diabetes, celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, diabetes nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, gestational diabetes, and insulin pump therapy.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

diabetes

I am a type 2 diabetic. I exercise every day with a two mile walk every morning. I wake up and my blood sugars are usually around 150-160. After exercise my sugars are as high as 288. The rest of the day they continually drop and about dinner time they will be around 100. Why Please help. What should i do differently.I have tried eating before exercise as well as after. The results are the same. I tried this without coffee in the am. Or with my usual cup of coffee. The results are the same.
Related Discussions
Your blood sugars are too high. You don't mention what treatment you are on, but I assume just diet and exercise? I believe it is time to get on some oral meds. You want your fasting as close to 100 or under as possible. You want your post prandials (2 hours after meals) under 140. The numbers you are at are those at which complications begin to form. You don't want that. Exercise can be complex, sometimes making blood sugars go up and sometimes down. You don't say what you are eating or how this affects your blood sugar. Most of us are less able to tolerate carbs in the morning.

Bottom line, though, is you are not able to control your blood sugars anymore and need more help to get your numbers into target range. See your doctor or endo.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Weight Tracker
Track your weight
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
1236893_tn?1408490528
Blank
gymdandee commented on How much arsenic is i...
7 hrs ago
Blank
Paxiled commented on How much arsenic is i...
Dec 26
11574110_tn?1419509307
Blank
IDev commented on photo
Dec 26
Diabetes - Type 2 Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
242532_tn?1269553979