Diabetes - Type 2 Community
diabetic rage and depression

This patient support community is for discussions relating to type 2 diabetes, celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, diabetes nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, gestational diabetes, and insulin pump therapy.

diabetic rage and depression

Hi, could someone give me information about depression and rage in diabetics. My husband has been on insulin since 2006 Easter and has spiralled steadily into depression (sees no hope; constantly tired; often has a death wish; sleeps long hours); he also goes into severe rage (can get verbally abusive) for little things. Is not willing to get help for his condition. I've tried to speak to the GP -- but because of issues of patient confidentiality, haven't made much headway.
"Hi, could someone give me information about depression and rage in diabetics."

I Google'd your subject question "diabetic rage and depression" and received 261,000 hits. http://tinyurl.com/5llkre

"Is not willing to get help for his condition."
He needs to see a psychologist and/or a phsychological therapist for his depression and anger. Your GP can possibly recommend one.

Speaking of GP, what do you mean by, "I've tried to speak to the GP -- but because of issues of patient confidentiality, haven't made much headway." You're his spouse and by law have as much right to hear, see or obtain his medical records as he does. Write a certified letter to the GP requesting copies of your husbands medical record to be sent to your home address. Make a copy of the letter for your records too. There are places and agencies that can deal with stubborn doctors.

Good luck.

Hello, I know its a five years later, but I too am in your exact situation.
My husband is out of control.  He is depressed won't care for his diabetes, (his levels are between 300 and 350) he has a cyst on his thyroid , and has rage that is scaring everyone in our house.  I actually feel sometimes, in fear for my life.  
I tried to make a psychiatrist appointment but they won't take it unless they talk to him.  
I'm at the end of the rope.  May I ask what happen to your husband?
Boy
HI.
I MYSELF HAS DIABETES AND HAVE ANGER AND DEPRESSION PROBLEMS MY DOC TOLD ME IF YOU LET YOU SUGAR GET TO HIGH YOUR BRAIN TRIGGERS ANGER VERY EASY AND THEN ITS GETS TO WHERE YOU GET DEPRESSED AND ALSO THEY CHANGED MY INSULINS UP AND NOW IM A HAPPY CAMPER