Diabetes - Type 2 Community
how much is frequent urination?

A community of people with Type 2 Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, wellness, symptoms, and treatments.

how much is frequent urination?

I'm starting to be considered that I urinate too much. I not in the risk group for diabetes, but I have being urinating around 10 times a day. I have always drank a lot of water and other fluids, but i have felt the need to drink more, around 4-6 .5 liter bottles and a few sugary drinks for lunch and dinner. Its worse right after i drink the sugary drinks.

I dont know how much is too much water or the amount ur suppose to urinate a day, but I read over 2.5 liters needs to me looked at. If i pee 10x at around 8-10 oz a clip (very conservative estimate) thats around the 2.5 liters. What do you think???
I think the answer is 8 times a day in a 24 hour period is the normal average.  

I think it also has to do with how much you drink though too.  If I'm drinking a lot of water (a liter an hour lets say) in the summer it is every 1/2 hour for me, and with a carbonation drink or alcohol it is much worse.  
If I'm just sitting around and not really drinking anything it might only be once every hour or two.  Though I'm a bad one to ask because I'm always running to the bathroom. LOL
Also I've heard a lot of woman who were pregnant say that they always fill like they have to urinate.

There is a Urology Community on MH here that might be able to answer your question better.  Or maybe someone else will chime in on here for you.  I would let your doctor know about it though if it is a concern.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Track your weight
PaulaAnn commented on photo
gymdandee commented on Baking Soda May Reduc...
Dee1956 commented on Baking Soda May Reduc...