Diabetes - Type 2 Community
how much is frequent urination?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to type 2 diabetes, celiac disease, depression, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, islet cell transplantation, diabetes nutrition, parenting a diabetic child, gestational diabetes, and insulin pump therapy.

how much is frequent urination?

I'm starting to be considered that I urinate too much. I not in the risk group for diabetes, but I have being urinating around 10 times a day. I have always drank a lot of water and other fluids, but i have felt the need to drink more, around 4-6 .5 liter bottles and a few sugary drinks for lunch and dinner. Its worse right after i drink the sugary drinks.

I dont know how much is too much water or the amount ur suppose to urinate a day, but I read over 2.5 liters needs to me looked at. If i pee 10x at around 8-10 oz a clip (very conservative estimate) thats around the 2.5 liters. What do you think???
I think the answer is 8 times a day in a 24 hour period is the normal average.  

I think it also has to do with how much you drink though too.  If I'm drinking a lot of water (a liter an hour lets say) in the summer it is every 1/2 hour for me, and with a carbonation drink or alcohol it is much worse.  
If I'm just sitting around and not really drinking anything it might only be once every hour or two.  Though I'm a bad one to ask because I'm always running to the bathroom. LOL
Also I've heard a lot of woman who were pregnant say that they always fill like they have to urinate.

There is a Urology Community on MH here that might be able to answer your question better.  Or maybe someone else will chime in on here for you.  I would let your doctor know about it though if it is a concern.