Diabetes - Type 2 Community
kidney disease

A community of people with Type 2 Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, wellness, symptoms, and treatments.

kidney disease

i have kidney disease my creantine 2.12 my gfr 33.5 my normal is 1.73 and 36 to 41 i am keeping my blood sugar much better now and my blood pressure is almost perfect with medicine this all in the last 30 days i was drinking to many dr peppers and diet coke only drinking water cystal lite and unsweet tea sometimes with diet and exersize can my funtions get back to my normal and is there anything like diet cranberry juice help
Hi!
If the GFR is low then you need to keep good check on protein and fluid intake. Please do not drink any thing without asking your doctor. You need to be under a nephrologist and a dietician. Salt intake too will have to be restricted.  It is almost impossible to get near normal GFR levels. However with diet control and keeping a good control on diabetes and hypertension, you can slow down further progression and lead a normal life. Please discuss with your treating doctor. Hope this helps. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.
thank for your comments i already limit my salt and protien and only drink water should i restrict my intake of water also
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Track your weight
melimeli Thank the Lord for Fridays! Comment
1 hr ago
drifter0213 commented on advanced niTD
Theobaldm1989 commented on advanced niTD
Apr 28