lowering hemoglobinA1C and fructosomine
I am 56 and just signed up for more life insurance.  My hemoglobin A1c was 6.7 and fructosamine was 2.00.  This was over the holidays but I need to get serious about my health.  I jog every weekday for 2 miles.  I am using a lot of SlimFast to lose weight.  I need to lose about 30 pounds.  What can I do to lower these numbers naturally? My glucose was 83.  Am I getting close to Diabetes Adult Type II?

This discussion is related to How do i lower my hemoglobin A1c?.
hi,

a h1ac of 6.7 is already considered diabetic. The cut off is usually about 6.1, but ideal in non-diabetic is about 4.7.  have you dicussed management wirh your doctor.

you need to jog more frequenltly, not just on the weekend.
diet - you need to read up on diabetic and lower carb diets and follow it. Slimfast is 1 approach to losing weight, but it is not developing good and sustainable eating habits.

Also recommend you buy a blood sugar monitor and start testing regularly.

hope this helps. best wishes.
Where do you live? USA or Europe? Testing Fructosamine is unusual unless the doctor is monitoring your glucose levels to see a rapid decrease from previous testing. Were you tested 3-4 months prior to the results your posted?

As Sally stated, your A1c says you are type 2 diabetic. An A1c of 6.7% equates your daily average glucose level at 161 mg/dl or 9.0 mmol/L, way over the normal maximum limit of 99 mg/dl or 5.5 mol/L. Proper diabetic nutrition, maintaining proper weight, and physical exercise are the most important factors in controlling this disease. Read through the post below as I have addressed these issues, especially food choices on what to eat and what to avoid, numerous times. Above all continue with your exercise and weight loss goals.