Aa
A
A
Close
metformin dosage
my son is 19, he was put on metformin 1000mg twice a day when he was 15 as he was overweight and had significant insulin resistance after a glucose tolerance test, pre diabetes i think they said, he has recently gained a lot of weight without his lifestyle changing, doctor says eat healthy diet and take more exercise, ruled out checking blood sugar levels, repeating glucose tolerance test or revisiting endriconlogy clinic he used to attend until 16 yrs old
does anyone know how often he should be tested, should his dosage be monitored, how long will he need to take metformin
my son has  autistic spectrum disorder and finds it difficult to visit doctors or deal with this and i am treated like a fussy mother
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
141598_tn?1355675363
Your son is at max daily dose for Metformin. Considering that doctor's suggestion and common sense for the a past 3 years have been ignored, I shudder to think what his blood sugar levels are. Continuing on this path will only make the diabetes side effects happen sooner. Not a good thing to look forward too.

"should his dosage be monitored"
He needs another oral med and/or injectable insulin but in order to get either one he must see a doctor.

"how often he should be tested"
You can do that with a home test meter found at your local drug stores.
Comment
Cancel
141598_tn?1355675363
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
metformin dosage
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Start Tracking Now
Blank
Weight Tracker
Track your weight
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
675718_tn?1449992146
Blank
drifter0213 commented on 0213
7 hrs ago
Blank
Paxiled commented on Men How to Keep It UP...
8 hrs ago
Blank
Paxiled commented on Some Foods From The O...
8 hrs ago
Diabetes - Type 2 Community Resources
Top Diabetes Answerers
Blank
diabetes86
MA
144586_tn?1284669764
Blank
caregiver222