Diabetes - Type 2 Community
my feet and type 2 diabetes

A community of people with Type 2 Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, wellness, symptoms, and treatments.

my feet and type 2 diabetes

why are my feet like blocks of ice, so much that they hurt, when my body is hot. I can be sweating and my feet will be freezing. My feet go to sleep for no reason, and when they wake up, my toes hurt. I feel comfortable everywhere except my feet. I have type 2 diabetes but my A1C is 6 as of yesterday.
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include neuro-muscular causes such as peripheral neuropathy, nerve impingement etc, hormonal/ endocrine abnormalities, autoimmune issues, vascular causes etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an internist initially and depending on the cause diagnosed/ suspected, it can be managed accordingly or specialist care may be sought.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
An A1C of 6 could result in peripheral neuropathy in some persons, if you are sensitive to higher blood sugars.  non diabetic a1c is in the range of about 4.2 - 4.6, even though you may be told that up to 7 is ok, it can alreayd result in complications.

Please work to further reduce your blood sugars (closer to 5 or even normal is better if you can do while avoiding going low).

Also you should be screened for thyroid levels as low thyroid (common in persons with diabetes) can also contributed to circulatory problems.

Let us know how you go.
I used to have the same affliction and a lot of neuropathy to in my feet. I brought my a1c levels from 11 to 5 in just 8 months. I used a extreme insulin therapy. but I never had low blood sugar level episodes cuz I used insulin in my lower legs it's close to my feet is I could and I would split my insulin dose in half and use it in each leg at the same time. I pinch the skin just above my calf or above my knee on the inside of my legs. be careful getting a main artery just pinch the skin and do it right into the skin. the insulin will be able to absorb closer to your feet that way without affecting your organs in giving you low blood sugar levels.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Track your weight
melimeli commented on KeeLolo's status
Aug 21
Anthoinette joined this community
Welcome them!
Aug 20