Diabetes - Type 2 Community
need help please,,

A community of people with Type 2 Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, wellness, symptoms, and treatments.

need help please,,

I fasted 8 hours and then went to the clinic to get blood tested for diabetes...first the pricked my finger and then my blood sugar showed 97...then urine test was good didn't find sugar in my urine...then drown blood to take to the lab...what's the chances of being diabetic if my blood sugar was normal and urine and having all the symtomps
Your fasting levles appear normal.  This is good.

To totally rule out problems a test called HBA1C could be done.  This test is a test of average blood sugars over the past 3 months. Truely normal results are < 5.0 (4.3 - 4.6 optimal).

There can be other cause of symptoms, including Urinary Tract Infection. Please coordinate with your dr. for further information and clarifications.
Hi ,
Your fasting reading is 97, even  less than 100, to me, indicates that you are a pre-diabetic,
To find out if you are diabetic or not, to me, the most inexpensive and quickest way is purchasing a A1C self-test kit called A1C NOW made by Bayer available at WalMart or Walgreeen for about $29.90. This kit is very accurate and simply follow the instruction voila in 5 minutes, the result is in front of you. Good luck
What do you mean by 'all the symptoms'? You may be dealing with something else. 97 is a completely normal blood glucose reading.
Tingly feet numbiness,white tongue...extream thirsty
There might be something else going on. I would talk to your doctor about getting your A1C's done PROPERLY (not a store test), to determine this. That will be the true indicator.

Or you can do what my little brother did. Drank a bunch of sugared koolaid and waited to go to the ER because his blood sugar was too high. lol

Seriously, though, it could be something else.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Track your weight
gymdandee commented on  Herbs and Spices Low...
Herbs and Spices Lower Triglycerid...
22 hrs ago by gymdandee
MH Community Mgr uploaded new photos
Aug 25