Diabetes - Type 2 Community
non-fasting blood glucose: 54

A community of people with Type 2 Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, wellness, symptoms, and treatments.

non-fasting blood glucose: 54

Hi. I'm new here and I hope I'm posting this question in the correct forum. I had my annual check-up last week, mentioned that I wanted my iron tested because I was always tired, etc.. The office nurse called me today and said that everything was okay w/the lab results except that the blood glucose test result was 54. She then asked if I had fasted before the appointment, which I had not. In fact, I had eaten breakfast no more than 2 hours before. I'm always tired, sometimes "bottoming out", get blurred vision at times, and sometimes feel faint. Do the #54 and the other symptoms indicate hypoglycemia and is that the same as having Diabetes? I am following up with a primary care physician, but also want to get as much information as possible in the meantime. Thanks!
"Do the #54 and the other symptoms indicate hypoglycemia and is that the same as having Diabetes? "
Yes

Two good places to get informed on Diabetes & hypoglycemia
http://www.diabetes.org/home.jsp
http://tinyurl.com/2onz8s
Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Track your weight
senseanonymous  commented on photo
MH Community Mgr commented on stacey10's status