non-fasting blood glucose: 54
Hi. I'm new here and I hope I'm posting this question in the correct forum. I had my annual check-up last week, mentioned that I wanted my iron tested because I was always tired, etc.. The office nurse called me today and said that everything was okay w/the lab results except that the blood glucose test result was 54. She then asked if I had fasted before the appointment, which I had not. In fact, I had eaten breakfast no more than 2 hours before. I'm always tired, sometimes "bottoming out", get blurred vision at times, and sometimes feel faint. Do the #54 and the other symptoms indicate hypoglycemia and is that the same as having Diabetes? I am following up with a primary care physician, but also want to get as much information as possible in the meantime. Thanks!
"Do the #54 and the other symptoms indicate hypoglycemia and is that the same as having Diabetes? "
Yes

Two good places to get informed on Diabetes & hypoglycemia
http://www.diabetes.org/home.jsp
http://tinyurl.com/2onz8s