Diabetes - Type 2 Community
pregnancy

A community of people with Type 2 Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, wellness, symptoms, and treatments.

pregnancy

my question is: i'm on a couple of medications beside metaformin,(lipitor quinaprill,and zoloft) will this combination of drugs stop my wife from getting pregnant. we want to have another baby but i'm afraid it may effect possibly my sperm counts etc. And if so what can i do about it???
Avatar n tn
I have been a diabetic for 12 years and have had two successfull pregnancies.  Metmorfin actually has a side of effect of increasing your fertility.  How are her blood sugars.  I find that when my blood sugars run consistently high I have a harder time getting pregnant, but if my blood sugars are maintained I have a easier time.  

Once she does get pregnant get her to the DR. ASAP because she will need to stop the metmorfin (as it isn't kind to a fetus) and go on insulin.  Good Luck!
thank you for the info. the only thing is im on the meds not my wife. will it effect me? she is fine im just wondering will it effect my system for reproduction like lower sperm counts etc.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Track your weight