type 2 diabetes, swollen feet and ankles
i have swollen feet and ankles every day and it will not go away...doctor gave me water pills but they do not work, hard to walk because of the swelling....any advice...also, have terrible neuropathy in my legs, feet and hands....again, any advice....
Hi!
The swelling will not go down until the cause behind the swelling is treated. Usually conditions of heart, kidney, liver or low protein or severe anemia, which cause ankle and feet swelling, cause both ankles and feet to swell. Hence you will need to get heart function assessed by ECHO and EKG, get kidney and liver function tests done and get a complete blood picture for anemia. Low sodium in blood, hypothyroidism and malabsorption syndromes causing low protein in blood have to be looked into.
Since I cannot examine you and know other related conditions you may be having, nor is a detailed history possible on net, I have listed the various possibilities that should be looked into. Please consult your PCP for primary examination followed by proper referral. Take care!

The medical advice given should not be considered a substitute for medical care provided by a doctor who can examine you. The advice may not be completely correct for you as the doctor cannot examine you and does not know your complete medical history. Hence this reply to your post should only be considered as a guiding line and you must consult your doctor at the earliest for your medical problem.