type 2 diabetes, swollen feet and ankles
how do i stop swelling in my feet and ankles, i have type 2 diabetes....my doctor has given me pills for water retention but they are not working....they get so swollen every day it has become hard to walk...
How well controlled in your diabetes?  Ideally you keep your sugars in range of 80 - 140 all the time.  This will help in swelling management.

Compression garments may be of help, but need to be used carefully to ensure that circulation is not compromised.  This should be discussed with your Dr.

Elevate your feet as much as possible to help the fluids return and also can sleep with the foot of your bed raised to further assist this.

If you have access to a pool or the sea (safe and flat), go to the pool as often as possible and walk/swim.  The pressure from the water combined with exercise will help your tissues expell water.

Though difficult with the swelling, exercise will also help as the action of muslces helps pump the fluids back.

Hope this can be helpful.