type11 diabetes multiple drugs
I am 74yrs old and have been on different meds over the years.  As of now i am taking actos once a day, glumetza 2tabs once a day, gliburide one in am and 1/2 before dinner.  They just added januvia because my hba1c was 7.3.   My question is, do i take all these in the am?  my glu was 64 when i woke this am.  ate breakfast and it went to 140 so i took the meds???  fear of polydrug issues..
Are you seeing an endocrinologist or just a regular PCP? Endos are best qualified to manage diabetes medication. I would ask the doctor who prescribed the meds how you should take them. Also let him know you are quite low when you get up, especially if that 64 is typical. If you are 64 on awakening, you might have been lower during the night which is dangerous.How are your numbers two hours after all your meals? If they are high, then it might be time to start insulin. 7.3 is a bit high. If you have been type 2 for many years, eventually your body stops producing enough insulin on its own.