Diabetes - Type 2 Community
what is high for Blood Glucose monitoring

A community of people with Type 2 Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: nutrition, wellness, symptoms, and treatments.

I have been on Metformin for about 6 years and i take 1000 units 2 x a day.
My blood sugar stays from 169-500, Im never the same....I have watched my diet and even lost weight (about 20 lbs)
I have had stents in the LAD of my heart and several Heart attcks, I have C.O.P.D.  Gout, the front of my heart does not beat any more due to heart attacks.I also now have Artheritis in most all bones in my body.
My question is every afternoon i feel like i have worked a full 8 hour shift I am wiped out (and i do nothing) I get the chills so bad i have to wrap up in quilts (even in summer) what is wrong with me???? Its almost like im coming down with the flu, I ack get chills and feel washed out. Please help me....

This discussion is related to Neropathy.
i take same doe as yuoof met, and my boolsugar  doesnt allwya say  regular, mine slond is hig as yours that wya to  high, what is your act average? someting doesnt sound right
It really sounds like you should go on insilin. Anything over 200 is not good, especially on Metformin. You need to talk to your doctor asap.
hI , I HAVE NOT BEEN DIAGNOSED AS A  DIABETIC BUT WAS TOLD TO CHECK MY AC1...I TOOK A HOME TEST TODAY AND IT WAS 7.1 SHOULD I BE CONCERN OR SHOULD I JUST KEEP EXERCISING
you need to get help from an MD  every time your BG goes over 140 you are taking baby steps to complications.

Diabetic complications;
Hart problems
going blind
amputation of feet then legs
kidney problems

your BG is way way to too high

blood glucose (BG) swings of over 350 pts can make you feel like crap.

what do you eat?

carbohydrates raise BG  ALL carbs raise BG.  pasta, bread, rice most fruit raise BG.

165 to 500 is way too high  get help.

an AC of 7.1 is already a diabetic level.  You definitely should be seeing a doctor for further treatment and medication.

Unmanaged diabetes puts you at risk of many serious and unpleasant complications.  These can all be avoided if you can properly treat your diabetes and keep blood sugar levels close to normal.

Do continue with your exercise and focus on eating a low carbohydrate and healthy diet.

Please let us know that you've seen a Doctor and how you went.  You can alos post a new post next time so we can easily review your question, rather than posting at the end of someone else's old post.

Best wishes
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Track your weight
drifter0213 commented on advanced niTD
Theobaldm1989 commented on advanced niTD
melimeli commented on veronica0808's status