12 hour fast, glucose level 110....is that high?
Over the past 4-5 years I usually come in around 90-99 when I get blood drawn following a 12 hour fast.

Yesterday I was at 110.  I fasted but did have 8 ounce of wine 12 hours before the test.

1- Is 110 too high?

2- I drink a glass of wine every night (for health benefits).  Could this be causing an increase in my overall blood sugar?  I thought wine was actually beneficial in preventing diabetes.  Confused...

3- Are those home, battery operated monitors reliable/accurate?  

More info:  I'm 40, in shape, exercise a lot and I try to watch what I eat.  

110 is higher than normal (under 100)

The wine is OK

Home meters are not as accurate as a MD blood draw

Just what does watch what I eat mean?

I watch what I eat for lunch I had 1 slice pizza (through out most of the crust) and 3 chicken wings.

We do KNOW carbohydrates raise BG... ALL carbs raise BG.  eat less carbs have less BG rise.
Agreed, carbs can definitely increase sugar in the blood, which is why it's best to eat pasta and bread that are whole-grain, or quinoa, rather than wheat or white flour pasta. I also thought one glass of wine was healthy consumed one time a day, I guess this could be the difference between white or red, not sure about that. Having said this, I don't think you're reading is super abnormal, how old are you? Mine usually hovers around exact same as yours, I am 50 years old and I am beginning to cut out things like jam and jelly, orange juice cranberry juice things like that which are loaded but sugar, even fruit can be high in sugar as well.  My treat for drinking water, which I absolutely hate is to drink some sparkling water with a tad bit of organic cranberry juice and, it just give it a tiny bit of sweetness without being supersweet. Once you have done this for a while, you will  see just how sweet juice is when you go back to it, or hopefully you won't go back to it. I also do not eat any sugar substitute, if I want some jelly and toast or jam and toast, I will have it but I won't deprive myself.