Diabetes Prevention & Pre-Diabetes Community
Am I hypoglycemic?
About This Community:

80 million Americans suffer from pre-diabetes, a condition accompanying patients with blood glucose level above 101 mg/dl but below the diabetes marker of 125 mg/dl. Communicate with other pre-diabetic members on how to prevent diabetes through nutrition management, exercise, and other treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Am I hypoglycemic?

Almost two weeks ago I got this feeling when I would walk, I felt light headed and very fatigued and my a feeling of unbalanced.. Recently I noticed that those symptoms only fade away when I eat something.. So I checked dr google and saw that I be hypoglycemic??.. I don't know if this clears me out of me being hypoglycemic but I had a meal and four hours later once I started to feel my symptoms return I checked my blood sugar and it was 102... Does this mean I'm not and maybe it's something else going on with me??
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
2002678_tn?1327536367
nothing is wrong with you. If you have been diagnosed as being pre diabetic, then it is psychology that I have as well. Try to eat a snack every two hours even if you have some almonds or any kind of seeds. Always balance your meal (carbs & protein). So if you have an orange, then add some almonds to it, Never have a protein or carb by itself. With chicken, have a salad. The more you do this, your symptoms will go away. Stop thinking of being pre diabetic and think of health foods and balancing, and stay away of simple sugars, potatoes, honey or regular rice and pastas. Have whole grains or even pasta made from brown rice or beans. Beans is also a great protein.
let me know if you have any more questions.
Blank
480448_tn?1403547723
Hello and welcome!

For starters, be very careful coming to conclusions based on info you get from Dr. Google.  While the internet is a great place to get some basic info, ANYTIME you are concerned about a health related matter, you should be seeking IN PERSON help from your doctor.

You would have to have more than one episode of hypoglycemia, along with corresponding definitive low blood sugar results to actually be diagnosed as having chronic hypoglycemia.  The symptoms you describe are consistent with a hypoglycemic episode, but also are consistent with a whole host of other possible problems.  I would recommend sorting this out with your doctor, before you start treating this as hypoglycemia with all kinds of extra snacks and such.  If it IS hypoglycemia, there are right and wrong ways to treat it.  It's not always as easy as eating or drinking something with a high sugar content.

Are you pre-diabetic, or do you have diabetes?  If so, that likely means something you're doing to manage the diabetes or pre-diabetes is causing your sugar to drop too low (if indeed that is happening).  Again, that's an issue to raise with your doctor.

Let us know what he/she says!  Good luck!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Start Tracking Now
Blank
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet
Start Tracking Now
Recent Activity
480448_tn?1403547723
Blank
Barb135, and nursegirl6572 commented on nursegirl6572's status
Nov 21
480448_tn?1403547723
Blank
nursegirl6572 Requesting kitty prayers pl... Comment
Nov 20
363281_tn?1353103243
Blank
SassyLassie commented on I had no idea there w...
Nov 19
Diabetes Prevention & Pre-Diabetes Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...
Sep 18 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
242532_tn?1269553979