Can i still lower a1c before a follow up?
Hi I'm here once again and yesterday I got my blood results back and my a1c went up to 6.5 it's been up and down for 3 years now first 6.2,6.3,6.2,6.4 and now 6.5, I know An A1C level of 6.5 percent or higher on two separate tests indicates you have diabetes but I want to know do I still have time to lower it with dieting and excerise by my next follow up in June to avoid a confirmation of diabetes. I messaged my doctor and told him do I still have time to lower it before I'm diagnosed with diabetes and if I should come in sooner and he said just lose weight and no need to come in sooner . I'm guessing he's not to worried but I am . Please help and thank you for your answers
And to add my fasting glucose is only 92 don't know what it is after meal
an A1c is a measure of your average BG over 3 months (actually more like 2 months).  So yes there is time
If  your fasting is typically 92, then it is reasonable / only very slightly high.  Therefore your problem must be what your blood sugar does in response to food.

The best thing you can do then is to change what you eat, which will involve reducing carbs.  Test 2 hours after starting to eat a meal.  Your target blood sugar after eating should be < 120, or even better if it is below 100.  If it is higher than these target then you know that you need to further modify what you ate.

Best diet for most people with diabetes is low carb, moderate protein, and enough healthy fats to provide energy and enough calories.  how much carb?  some people say < 30 g and other < 100 g and other can eat a little more.  How will  you know what is your personal limit?

you find this out by testing after you eat.  then by trial and error you find what and how much you can eat while still staying on target.