Aa
A
A
Close
Diabetes/Pre Diabetes concern.
Hello,
I have a medical concern.
I don`t have any type of diabetes as well as my family members.
Already 2-3 weeks i have some of diabetes symptoms ( thirst and frequent urinating).
Around that period i had a pretty big stress.

I talked to my doctor : i made Blood Test, urine test, ultrasound of abdomen, a1c test.
I bought Glucometer to check my glucose level even.

a1c came up as 5.3
I had high cholesterol, but doctor told that i need to exercise a little bit more and it will be ok ( it`s not too high) , but i didnt have any overweight problems definitely.

My doctor told that 5.3 its a normal level and if i want i can retest it in 1-2 month period.

Today its around 1 month after first symptoms.
I am trying to monitor my glucose level probably because i am very anxious about it.

I was on  a diet ( low carb diet) and i lost about 3 kg in a pretty short period of time 2-3 weeks +  i was exercising each day ( swimming).

And when i tested my blood glucose it always was in normal range. ( around 80 fasting around 100 after a meal)

Today i decided to make an experiment and to eat
pack of California roll ( white rice some sauce and i think a crab meat) + i ate a red apple after this.

I checked my BG level in 1 ( probably 45 minutes)  hour and it was around 140-150
And in 2 hours it was around 110-115
In around 3 hours my glucose was 74-78.

Is such jump is normal?  
How i would know if there is a Type 1 Diabetes or Pre Diabetes or Type 2?
Do i need to do any other testing which will help me to find the solution?
I am male, 23 years old, 186 cm, 79kg.
I don`t have overweight problems at all which are common to type 2.
And as i understand the people with type 1 Diabetes always need insulin to stay healthy, and if they will dont use insulin their organism will not be able to use sugar. ( it will gather in their blood).

But my fasting sugar is always around 80-85
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
231441 tn?1333896366
Hi.  Your numbers agree, normal for having eaten a high carb meal.  Best thing you can do now is focus on healthy eating and not worry  about diabetes.  Retesting hba1c in 3 - 6 months should also allay your fears.  It should be stable.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
5536886 tn?1455830946
Hi!
It seems like you are a bit anxious about diabetes, I agree with Super_sally888- make sure you are eating well and get exercise regularly and diabetes shouldn't be a concern.  

I did see in one of your other posts that another member mentioned getting your thyroid checked- I don't know much about that, but that sounds like good advice- the reply was in this thread so you can check it out-

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Diabetes-Prevention--Pre-Diabetes/a1c-53-please-help/show/2943818

Here's a link to the thyroid community she mentioned too-
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Thyroid-Disorders/show/73

Hope that helps and you get some answers regarding your symptoms soon!  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
Start Tracking Now
Blank
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet