Has anyone used Fiber Supplements as part of carb reduction?
Have been pre-diabetic for 10 years. A1C range has been 5.7-6.1 in that time.

I'm 70, 5-10  and weigh 285lbs. I have recently paid close attention to my carb & sugar intake, but
I'm somewhat confused about carb intake.

Can supplemental fiber intake help in reducing bg?   Is there a recommended numerical unit of carbs you should not exceed daily. ( Grams?? )  What are net carbs and affected by fiber intake?
Fibre is sometimes considered when counting carbs.  Some people deduct the amount fibre in the carbs and then use that value for counting how many carbs they eat (this is net carbs).  Other people just count total carbs.

i guess it depends how much detail you want to go into.  Fibre should have little impact on blood sugar as by definition it cannot be digested.

For weight and blood sugar management controlling how much carbs you eat each day is an essential part of management.  Some people find that low carb, moderate protein, higher healthy fats diet is helpful in management.

Hope this helps.