Headaches and pain every evening for past 3 days.
Hi. I'm not sure if my 48-year-old mom's fever-like symptoms of headaches and pain right now has anything to do with diabetes, but in case it does: About 5 months ago, the doctor said that my mom was at risk of being diabetic and diagnosed her with pre-diabetes and prescribed her to take a 500 mg tablet of Metformin every day.  After another checkup one month ago, the doctor said her glucose levels were normal again, and she was to stop taking Metformin.  

Starting one week ago, fearing that her glucose levels might rise too high with all the holiday food, my mom unwisely decided to take a 500 mg tablet of Metformin every day again.  3-4 days later, after a heavy lunch (not sugary foods), my mom's body starting shaking and teeth chattering, which calmed down after ~15 minutes.   For the past 3 days since that shaking incident, she stopped taking Metformin but she'd get a gradual headache that's light in the morning but gets heavier throughout the day, till evening when she starts feeling cold, she loses her apetite, and it feels like her body's hurting from the inside -- massaging helps that pain.  Her forehead temperature's fairly normal in the evening, maybe slightly warm.  She got her flu shot about 2-3 months ago, so is this just from a fever, or is it something to do with diabetes or those 3-4 days that she unwisely took Metformin last week?  

Her next appointment with the doctor is in 2 weeks and we can't get an appointment before that -- what should she do?
Is your mom able to call the doctor and talk to a nurse or even go to an ER?  I can't say what it might be from, but I would have her talk to someone, even if it's not her doctor- she definitely needs to report the symptoms she is having, and let them know the medication she took.  It could just be a cold or something like that- but always best to get checked out!