Higher blood glucose AFTER exercise.
Hello, everyone!

I was diagnosed as PRE-diabetic a year ago.  Recently been on the Keto diet, and taking in zero carbs other than the few in leafy veggies.

Anyway, I noticed my BG is about 70-74 fasting in the morning since on Keto.  Before that I was on a 500 cal a day liquid diet, and my fasting was 58-69.

So I've noticed that after a jog that my BG will rise.  Once to 100, another time to 96, and this morning to 83.  

Does this mean anything?  Does it mean I'm a full blown diabetic?  Where's my body getting glycogen from(I know liver) if I'm not consuming carbs?

I am also following ketogenic diet and it does wonders for the blood sugar management - though I do still need to use some insulin.  Do make sure you are getting enough leafy and green veges. :)

Your fasting numbers are quite normal at 70 - 74.  On the low side of normal, but nothing to be concerned with at all.

It is normal for your blood sugar to rise after exercise.  The levels that your sugar is rising to are again absolutely nothing to be concerned with.

On a ketogenic diet, your body and your brain will mostly use ketone bodies for energy.  However, your body can also break down protein to make glucose, and obviously there is some glucose in your body because your blood sugar levels are stable.

On your ketogenic diet your levels are totally normal. However, on this diet there is very little demand on your pancreas.

if you increase your carbs, depending on the health of your pancreas, you may or may not have high blood sugar levels.  So we cannot know if you are diabetic.  

You do not have diabetic numbers on this diet.  You may however still have the predisposition to become diabetic if you eat a lot of carbs.

How much is a lot?  That would be up to you to experiment and find out, if you wanted.

Hahaha!  Experiment and find out.

There's two things in life I don't want to know.  The day I die, and just what my carb limit is.

I'm happy you're on the diet.  It is absolutely amazing!  I have so much energy.
98 or 100 is NOT high BG  Your doing just great