Tbd
How does one avoid diabetes? I don't have it and no one in my family has it.
Nondiabetic100External User
I'm trying to fulfill the requirements of my health survey.
Eat grapes and drink raw apple cider vinegar. They have special chemicals that balance out sugar levels in the body. Really quite incredible. Any type of grapes.
Hi rock,
Grapes are high in sugar.  Eat fruit in moderation, particularly if you are at risk for diabetes.

Vinegar has been found to have some minimal effect on blood sugar and may be of some benefit.
Having done the research on grapes my statement still stands. Between the phytonutrients and resveratrol grapes have a significant impact on balancing both blood sugar levels and insulin regulation. One must only eat a few to reap their benefits.
the best way to avoid diabetes is to eat a diet that is low in carbohydrates, adequate in protein, and adequate in healthy fats.

Please note that this way of eating is the opposite to that which has usually been promoted for 'health' which is low fat, high carb, and moderate protein.
Diet is definitely the answer.  Wish I had taken it more seriously before I was diagnosed.  High carbs is a no-no.  High sugar is a no-no.  Fresh vegetables are yes, preferably dark green leafy, beans, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Easy on the peas and corn.  Drink water as you primary liquid, at a restaurant I order water with lemon, extra lemon, and make a weak, no sweetener added lemon drink.  Dump sodas and diet sodas.  Limiting carbs also means eating LESS, not NONE of the breaded fried foods, like fish, chicken, and other normally breaded fried foods.  Balsamic Rice is better than plain white rice, and wild rice is better.  French fries are not good, nor a lot of any kind of white Potatoes.  Sweet potatoes are better.  You can use riced of mashed Cauliflower as a potato substitute, may need to put some garlic with it if you aren't fond of Cauliflower.  Spaghetti squash is GREAT if you use 2 table spoons of your favorite spaghetti sauce.  300 calories for pasta, and 10 calories for same amount of the squash.  Cook it WELL, and you can hardly tell the difference.  Cook it less, and there is a difference, but I like it both ways.  Make your own bread and use SPELT flower.  It is really good, but kind of expensive.  Coconut oil instead of even olive oil is good to.  These things will lower your blood sugar, and even help prevent Diabetes in my opinion.  I am not a dietician or a doctor, but I am a diabetic.  These help me.  
Excellent advice.