New to group and diagnosis
Hi. My A1c is 6.1. I'm not over weight, I do plenty of exercise (triathlons) and I eat a very clean good diet. Is this common?
Hi.
Have you seen a doctor about this?  Have any tests been run?  I don't know how old you are, but your lifestyle makes you less at risk for type 2 (do you have a family history), and possibly more at risk for adult onset type 1 (this may be much slower onset than in children).

Testing for type 1 diabetes in adults will include testing of c-peptide (must be done concurrently with testing blood glucose), testing of insulin (both fasting and after food challenge, in combination with glucose), and antibody testing.

Your Doctor may consider starting you on meds to help address blood sugar.  If he does give you oral medication (metformin / other), and it does not help significantly with blood sugar levels, then type 1 still does need to be further considered.

Are you eating a high carb diet?  I know when I was doing triathlon I used to as I though that high carb was the way to go.

If you are having higher than normal blood sugars, hba1c is average blood sugar of about 130 (clearly abnormal and diabetic, though not severe), then your body is not able to metabolise carbs properly.  YOu may wish to look into a low carb, high fat, moderate protein diet.  A lot of athletes are currently adopting this approach without jeopardizing their performance, and seeing gains in energy.
I guess I've given you a lot to think about and look into further.  Please come back and let me know what you think and what is going on with you.
20% of the people DX as T2 are of normal BMI

So no its not uncommon.