New to prediabetic meds
My doctorr prescribed me metformin 500 mg once a day. I am new to this and have been googleing information in regards of how to take care of my prediabetic condition. Except i was not able to find an answer as to what would be the latest i can take the meds if i miss taking it during the day..is it healthy to take it after 9 or 10pm if i just wasnt able to take it during the day? Or should i just wait untill the next day an continue taking it at the scheduled time?

to be effective metformin should be taken every day.  It will be good to get into a routine of taking it at the same time every day.

500 mg is a low dose, so if you miss it at your normal time, you could still take it any time throughout the day. [Maximum daily dose of metformin is up to 2500 mcg/day].

Are you monitoring your blood sugars?  This will be helpful for you to identify what foods do and don't raise your blood sugars.

Many people find that eating low carb (cutting most sugars, grains, fruits) will be helpful in controlling blood sugars as well.

Thank you sally. I really appreciate you answering my question. Today is my 4th day on metformin. My co worker suggests to take it at night before bed. Not sure why. But like I've read and also like you said, to take it everyday at the same time would be effective is what makes me not undestand why would be best to take it before bed. Yes i am monitoring my blood sugar with this app as well. Again thank you very much.
By the way how often or when is the best time to measure my sugar levels?

the best way to monitor your blood sugars would be fasting (as soon as  you wake up in the morning).

Then you can also test 2 hours after starting to eat.

The result 2 hours after eating will show you the effects of what you ate.  This will help you learn to modify what you eat and select foods that give the least rise in blood sugars.

Ideally fasting levels are < 95 (even better in the 80s).

Ideal post eating levels (2 hours) are < 120 if possible (and even better if < 100).

Taking metformin at night may assist in reducing your fasting levels.  However, as mentioned 500 mg is a really low dose.   You may find you need to increase your dose (in coordination with your Doctor).

Hope this helps.
The max does of Metformin is 2250mg a day  so you can take your 500 mg as late as 1 hour before you nexed does and still not go over your daily limit.  

So dont fret and just take it.