PRE-DIABETES AND CHOLESTEROL
I have some questions, but first here is my history.  Im 32 female 210 pounds 4' 11'.  I do take lisinaporil 5 mg for high blood pressure and 500 mg 1X Metformin ER.  My sugars are usually always within mormal limits, I think my last a1c was 5.2, cant recall at the moment but she said my sugar levels were wonderful.  However, she did other testing when she did the a1c.  Cholosterol screenings, results were my total cholesterol was 227; triglyerides 163; hdl 38; vldl 33 and ldl 161. Which I have never had abnormal cholesterol readings before in my life!  She is wanting me to start meds for the cholesterol and Im very afraid to take it!!!  Isnt there a way that I could improve with just diet and exercise?!  Im so nervous and having anxiety is not helping matters!  I want to get everything under control but I need help on how!  I dont know what to eat or not eat with being pre-diabetic or what is good/bad to eat while having cholestrol issues.   I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP, ADVICE OR RESOURCES!!
Cholesterol is something to be concerned about. It c an build up in your arteries and cause blockages. The best way to control bad cholesterol is to watch your diet. Do not fry foods because this contributes to lots of plaque buildup in the arteries. It is best to bake or broil foods.
thanks for the help!
Like I told you privately, when it comes to cholesterol and triglycerides, if your numbers are worrisome enough (and yours are), you may need meds to bring it under control.  Diet and exercise will only help to lower cholesterol a LITTLE bit.  Diet and weight management is ok for maintaining normal cholesterol levels, but as for normalizing high levels, it's not much help.

Please follow your doctor's lead on this.
I totally understand!  My only thing is when I had it checked in September my numbers were good, dont understand how it could change so quick!
Get your thryoid numbers checked!  If your thyroid is out it can also throw your cholesterol out.
thanks for the advice!  I go for a follow up appointment tomm to re-checked.  I havent been on any cholesterol meds yet....