So confused and have more questions then answers
I have been having a lot of medical problems lately with an equal amount of testing to try to find the cause.  They may have found the cause yesterday but it has left me with more questions then answers.  My doctor ordered a three hour glucose test for me and called me with the results a few hours ago.  My fasting sugar was 79 but I dropped to 50 after drinking the glucose.  She said there is nothing that can really be done about it except to change my diet.  I told her what I generally eat and she said that is eating right, but that I need to eat more often, which I really have been trying to do.  However, if I am eating right and am eating more (a small meal/snack every 4 hours now) then how can there be nothing else to do?  My line of thinking says this:  there is obviously something not working right in my body, how do we fix it?  If after I eat a meal, my body 'crashes' so to speak, doesn't that point to a problem?

I have been monitoring my blood sugar levels leading up to the test, per her instructions.  What would happen would be that my blood levels would be something like 87 before a meal, 92 an hour after the meal and 80 2 hours after the meal.  REGARDLESS of what the meal was.  I drop if I eat a baked potato and steak OR if I eat a chicken breast salad.....  Any thoughts?  Because I can't imagine this is just something I have to live with  :(

seems that you have reactive hypoglycemia, in response to eating sugars.

The blood sugars that you report are totally normal (aside from the post test resutls when you went low).  In a person without diabetes blood sugars will typically range from 80 - 100 only and never go over.

Eating small meals regualarly and avoding sugars should all be helpful to yyour case.