Diabetes Prevention & Pre-Diabetes Community
before and after meal readings

A group of people with Pre-Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share your experiences.

before and after meal readings

After my last post I have been taking my bs readings before dinner and 2 hours after dinner, they been running in the 80s to mid 90s before and 130 to 140 after. I think this seems in target range, but today before dinner it was 86 and 2 hours later it was 210, never this high before. I did have a nice helping of whole wheat noodles with spag sauce and a small slice  of bread. Was it the meal. SOULD  i be concerned with this one high reading, are these #s good enough to stay off the meds. thanks for your help, I am still learning.
"SOULD  i be concerned with this one high reading"
Absolutely. Read carefully ALL nutrition labels. Look for hidden sugars such as carb sugars which are listed as grams. Every 7 grams equals one HEAPING Tablespoon of refined sugar. For example, if you used bottled spaghetti sauce it could contain as much as 40 grams of carb sugar plus 4 grams of sugar per serving. This would equate to 6.25 Tablespoons of sugar per serving! Some wheat pasta are high in carbs and/or contain added sugar to enhance the flavor. At first glance wheat pasta may look good and sound good but if the nutrition label says otherwise it is harming you.

"are these #s good enough to stay off the meds."
If your preprandial is 80-90 that is normal. However, the foods you're eating are jacking up your levels. This is where you need to focus your lifestyle change. Levels of 130-140 postprandial for non-diabetic is high, and levels of plus 200 for anyone is causing you harm.

If you need direction on foods to avoids and which foods to concentrate on they have been posted numerous times on the Diabetes - Adult Type II forum, or you can send me a PM.
Thanks I will look at type 2 form, not sure what mean  bye a pm. (bye the way after the 210 reading I went for along quick paced walk and then took a reading it was 155 .)
PM = Private Message. Can be found on your Home page. Takes discussions offline and away from other forum members eyes.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet
MH Community Mgr commented on Bubulous's status
zouzi commented on Please be aware of th...
May 02
Please be aware of this!!!!!!
May 02 by gymdandee