Diabetes Prevention & Pre-Diabetes Community
can anyone help me out on Diabetes test results?

A group of people with Pre-Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share your experiences.

Hi there Just new to here, hoping some one might be able to tell me what does it mean, my Diabetes test came back
look a little like this.
HbA1c: 42 mmol/ mol H 20-40., does that mean I'm ok and that I don't have Diabeties. thanks
Hi- in America, that number is high, normal is under 7 I believe, I will do some research and let you know more.
Here are the normal ranges: An HbA1c of 5.6% or less is normal.

The following are the results when the HbA1c is being used to diagnose diabetes:

•Normal: Less than 5.7%
•Pre-diabetes: 5.7% to 6.4%
•Diabetes: 6.5% or higher

So, a definite answer to your question is YES, you do have diabetes. I hope your doctor is alet to this and is able to help you.
Thanks for that Suzie, Yes I go back to see my GP Next week, for a followup from being in the Hospital, I know that I have High Cholesterol, but they didn't tell me about Diabeties test, the nurse just gave me the print out of the results, and told me to discuss with  my GP. thanks again for your help on that Not sure what type I guess he tell me about it.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet