Diabetes Prevention & Pre-Diabetes Community
hi a question

A group of people with Pre-Diabetes to guide and support your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share your experiences.

hi a question

I did a fasting & pp glucose test.

My fasting :- 96            ( 70 - 100 )
My pp (2 hrs) :- 104      ( 100 - 140 )
HbA1c :- 4.79

Is my fasting glucose is high it is almost touching 100 ?? is that pre diabetic ??
Your fasting level is tethering near the high side and your A1c says your eAG is 91 mg/dl. The latter is good. I would pay attention to what you eat by cutting back on carbohydrates and sugary foods. Both quickly elevate blood sugars. Include exercise in your daily regimen to help reduce blood sugars.. Good luck -
Hi rider thanks for your reply..
I have a few questions ...
does stress can effect the fasting level ?? or the overall glucose level??

And what about the pp readings it just went up by 6 from 96 to 104 is that a disorder or what ??

I saw an diabetes specialist he was not at all concerned and did not even asked me to make any diet changes.. He specialize in diabetes & cardiology, i luckily got the appointment but he showed no concern and did not said that it is even pre diabetes..

Also no one in my family has any history of diabetes .. But i am so concerned these days as i am feeling sick since last few months..

And when i search on Internet my numbers are close to being a pre-diabetic ..

But i would like to get some views ..
"does stress can effect the fasting level ?? or the overall glucose level?? "
Yes, stress has been known to elevate blood sugars. A few tips can be found by Googling "How to relieve stress".

"And what about the pp readings it just went up by 6 from 96 to 104 is that a disorder or what ??"
By "pp" I'm going to assume you meant postprandial [after meal 2-3 hours]. A postprandial level of 104 mg/dl implies prediabetes. If your preprandial [b4 meal] levels are within the normal range but your postprandial are above normal it is the food you are consuming that is jacking up your levels. Try to avoid white foods - foods made with white flour such as breads and crackers, white rice, pasta, and potatoes. Avoid dairy milk. Try hemp or almond milk instead. Switch to an artificial sweetener such as Splenda or Stevia.

Read carefully and understand all nutrition labels for hidden sugars. Food manufacturers are confusing the public with hidden sugars [dextrose is a simple sugar. Types are dextrose, sucrose, fructose] Fructose is found in fruits so eat fruits with other foods to slow the absorption of fructose. They also list ingredient measurement as grams such as carb sugar. The conversion formula is simple, every 7 grams equals one Heaping Tablespoon of refined sugar. And eat a low carb meal. All carbs raise blood sugars, some faster than others. Use Google to understand the difference between "simple and complex carbs". Our bodies need carbs for energy so don't ignore or go to low.

"I saw an diabetes specialist he was not at all concerned and did not even asked me to make any diet changes."
That is a shame. Some doctors need to retire as they just don't care about being proactive for a patients well being. They wait until all heck breaks loose then react like they didn't know about it. Go find a doctor that does. It may take several attempts but when you do hang onto to him/her.

"Also no one in my family has any history of diabetes .. But i am so concerned these days as i am feeling sick since last few months.."
You need to stop worrying and calm down. As mentioned earlier stress can elevate blood sugars and also your blood pressure. Relax, if you take the time to understand what you need to do to prevent diabetes it will come easily and become a daily habit - piece of pie per say. Good luck -
Thank you WaveRider for all of this useful info. I've been adhering to this advice for two months and have lost 30 llbs in two+ months, without exercise (due to back injury). Using this as a guide has helped me to stay off of medication, and it can help you too!  Good Luck. Don't Worry - Be Happy !!
Oh, also, having a blood glucose tester at home has allowed me to consistently check my sugars after every meal. I don't know if you did your test at home or at the doctor. But, this blood glucose tester has kept me motivated. I also use myfitnesspal to find out the exact calorie intake of practically anything that you eat. another useful tool. Again, best of luck with your nutritional goals.
You're welcome Nighthawk61. Glad to see it was helpful. Keep up the great work. You deserve a happy and healthy life!
Share What Diabetes Topics Matter to You — $50 Gift Card!
Start by taking this 1-2 minute survey on diabetes information and advice that will help us make MedHelp more valuable to you.

If we’d like to interview you, we’ll reach out via e-mail. Those selected will receive a $50 Amazon gift card for their participation.
Diabetes Tracker
Track glucose levels, and other diabetes measurements, symptoms and medications
FoodDiary Tracker
Track Your Daily Carbs and Overall Diet
Eliminate This ONE Ingredient and W...
5 hrs ago by gymdandee
MH Community Mgr uploaded a new photo
Contamination Of Oat-Based Cereals...
19 hrs ago by gymdandee