why prediabetes how get it lowered
hi-i have prediabetes. grandma had type 2, but was overweight. I exercise and bmi is 22,
i try to avoid sugar but is really hard.  
als wondering if anything else can crontribute to lowered body's abiltiy to handle break down sugar?  

will losing weight, getting rid of all sugar, exercise more help? or is there something else i can give my body
so it works better?
what is your fasting sugar levels?
Hello and welcome!

If you could give us an idea of what your blood sugar levels are running, that would help.

Losing weight is one of THE most important things (if not the #1 thing)  you can do to get your glucose levels under control and to keep the pre-diabetes from advancing to a Type II diabetes.  Diet management is important too, but it isn't just as easy as decreasing or cutting out "sugars", that's because there are many different KINDS of sugars, some are worse than others in the context of diabetes.  It can be a little complex at first.  

My recommendation would be to ask your doctor for a referral to a nutritionist/dietician, who can help you with both the weight loss, AND the diet modifications relating to the pre-diabetes (sugars, carbs, fats, etc)

Best of luck, stop in and let us know how you're doing!
fasting bloodsugar is 100,  med ins. says only does the one bloodsugar on fasting levels.
(plus have to ask really hard to have that done every year! rec every 3 years on their website)  
it is just over the border, but have thyroid (so endocrine? problem with no thyroid)
also with gma sick etc really would like to know what to do.

(  has been 10. 4 couple of years ago)
oh- forgot my age is 46
i'll see if i can get a referral,.. somtimes difficult
i went once and they told me eat one carb item, one protein, one fruit and one vegetable per meal.  yes but what items do you suggest?
she had no suggestions! very difficult since i need moer help ! i'll try again thanks for your suggestions.
Yea, I would definitely see if you can have your doc jook you up with a dietician/nutritionist.  That way, meal plans can be devised, and you can learn what foods are okay, which are best to be avoided completely, and which are in the middle.  

Good luck!
thanks! i'll ask. the dr doesnt think 115 is so bad if i just exercise every day.. i think its high. she said the Hemoglobin iac is 96, but i dont know aht that means, and thought needed insulin test to get that value? dr did not want to do insulin test.. says already know you have problem..!