Diabetic complications worrying me!
So my girl friend of 5 years is a type 1 diabetic and is poorly managed. (Getting under control now)

She is 22 and has been experiencing migraines every day and sleeping excessive amounts. She also gets very bloated for no apparent reason (been tested for celiacs)

Recently she has been getting swollen feet and in the past she has had problems with what she thinks is heart burn.

All this combined she is finding it very hard to do day to day activities. Our doctor has not given us much idea what is causing this. Please help!
It is very difficult to tell whether the symptoms you're describing are related to or caused in some way by your girlfriend's diabetes.  However, as you know, uncontrolled glucose levels can lead to a variety of problems.  The nervous system and circulatory system can both become damaged by elevated glucose over a period of many years, and such damage can have far-reaching effects.  Even in the short-term, high and low glucose levels can impair a person's mental/physical abilities and lead to changes in behavior and personality.  

The best you can do is encourage your girlfriend to see a specialist who will be able to help her get her diabetes under better control.  Ideally, she should work with a Certified Diabetes Educator who really knows type-1 diabetes.  If you have trouble finding someone, feel free to contact my office; our entire clinical team has type-1 diabetes and works with clients worldwide via phone and the internet.  Our phone number in the US is 877-735-3648; outside the US call 610-642-6055.