Two type 1 parents
I have just found out that I am pregnant and both myself and my boyfriend are type 1 diabetics could there be higher chances of complications with both of us being diabetic and  dose the baby have a higher chance of being born with diabetes.
Hi Maddy -

Congratulations!  With excellent glucose management, you stand a great chance of having a healthy baby.

Since both you and the father have type-1 diabetes, the risk of your child developing type-1 at some point in his/her life is around 20%.  There is an organization called TRIALNET that does testing on the children of type-1 parents to assess their risk.  So after your baby is born, I'd recommend contacting them.

In the meantime, focus your efforts on keeping your diabetes as tightly controlled as possible.  Best to work with a high-risk OBGYN, and a diabetes team that really knows the ins and outs of type-1 pregnancy.  It's a tricky juggling act, but it can be done.  If you need any assistance or have questions, feel free to contact me or my team directly; we work with type-1 women through their pregnancies in all parts of the world.  Our website is www.integrateddiabetes.com