Diabetes: Type I Expert Forum
type.one pregnancy

type.one pregnancy
I am type 1 and just found out I am pregnant. I have been congested for the last few days with sinuses and sore throat.been doing hot tea and honey but only helps up to a half hr after drinking it. Been trying to cut sugars because on the baby.I have also tried cold foods too and don't help. Any suggestions on what I can do?
Assuming that you are in the first trimester of pregnancy, tight blood sugar control is critical to avoiding birth defects in your baby.  It is common for blood sugar levels to rise during an illness, so you should be working closely with your diabetes specialist (endocrinologist or high-risk obstetrician) to adjust your insulin doses accordingly.  

There are some good resource articles on managing diabetes during pregnancy at the "diabetes sisters" website:  www.diabetessisters.org.  I encourage you to read them carefully.