Diabetes Expert Forum
35w with sugar diabetes

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

35w with sugar diabetes
Hello, I'm 35w and in week 25 I found out I had sugar diabetes. At first I went on a diet but wasn't enough. For the last month I get insuline shots every day. Now my doctor decided to induce at 37w and gave me a cortizone shot. Sugar level went sky high. Baby is fine. Why do I have to get an induction that early?
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

Congratulations on your pregnancy.  You really need to discuss this with your ob/gyn.  He or she can explain why they want to induce you at 37 weeks.  Talk with your doctor at your next appointment and find out what he/she is thinking.  Sometimes, doctors think you understand something and don't realize that you need it to be explained. I am sure that he or she will be happy to explain it to you.  Good luck!  

Bridget