Diabetes Expert Forum
Amputation & Antibiotics
About This Forum:

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Amputation & Antibiotics

I am a Type II diabetic who recently had to have the third toe on my right foot amputated because of a bone infection.  After this was a week in the hospital, and then 14 days of Rocephalin at an infusion center.  I am on my second week of the 14 days and my blood has been checked every 7 days, (I have a picc line) today the RN said my SED rate was 35, and likely due to inflammation.  She assured me this was nothing to worry about but that it may extend my infusion therapy by 'another week or two'.

Is this indeed nothing to be alarmed about? And by inflammation does she mean caused by remaining infection?

Thank you in advance.