Diabetes Expert Forum
Blood Glucose 2 hours post meal range 39-170...

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

My fasting level is 115 consistently.
2 hrs after ;
heavy carbs-170
fruit smoothie 65
healthy meal 68
bakery item 120

I lost 7 pounds, and lowered my high B/P to normal. AND stopped snoring.  Why is my blood sugar still crazy? What do these numbers imply anyhow?
Your fasting is high
the 170 means you cant eat that many carbs  (BG over 140 is bad for your long term health)
65 means probably you went MUCH higher and your pancreas over compensated
what is your idea of a "healthy meal" ?  For me that would be prime rib and salad.

To me your numbers mean your pancreas is not working correctly.

A better test I think is what is the highest your BG went after each of your tests.  eat the same thing again and test every 15 minutes for 2 hours  tat will find "the spike" and tell you how high you went.

Good idea! I will try that.

A fruit smoothie made me "crash" (OJ, banana, plain yogurt, frozen blueberries and frozen strawberries)

My healthy meals are for example, chicken breast, steamed squash,glass of water. Or last night, filet mignon, avocado salad (w/light olive oil, onion, cuke and tomato) with glass of water.  

Thank you so much for answering!