Diabetes Expert Forum
Blood sugar
About This Forum:

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Blood sugar

Has anyone else read any books by Mark Hayman, MD?  I have been reading his book.  I am also taking cinnamin supplements, fish oil (with EPA & DHA), Flaxseed, magnesium, Vitamin D-3 (I was deficient in Vitmain D - 17) Vitmain B complex and noticed for a few weeks my blood sugar stays under 100 during fastings and then for no apparent reason my sugar spikes to around 123 on my fastings.  I haven't been able to figure out why my blood sugar fasting are fluxuating like this?  I am only on Toprol and do not want to go on meds for diabetes if possible.  Since I have been monitoring my food my A1C has actually gone up.  Before I was eating whatever I wanted and my A1C was 6.9 but my cholesterol and triglycerides were out of wack.  The easy part was getting my chol & triglycerides down, and I lost about 13 pounds - weighing in at about 102 now.  So apparently I am doing something wrong for the blood sugar #s.  I eat mostly fish, salad, cottage cheese and lentil and some brown rice.  Thanks, Julie
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
5289563_tn?1366052034
Cathleen Zoretic, RNBlankBlank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank