Diabetes Expert Forum
Cold Chills at Night

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Cold Chills at Night

My mother is 42 years old and she's diabetic. About 2-3 months ago she started feeling really cold at night, to the point where we have to put 2-3 blankets on her, hug her, and turn off the fan and a/c. We live in Florida so as you know its hot down here and my mother is the type of person who gets hot NOT cold. She is not on insilin, no internal problems, blood pressure is good. Her sugar is always a little bit high. That is about the only bad thing besides her weight. I'm concerned about her because of what has been going on. Can someone please give me suggestions. She's too hard-headed to go to the doctor.
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

Your mothers symptoms may or may not be related to her diabetes.  It could be that she is anemic, she could also have a hormonal imbalance, her circulation could be compromised, etc.  If she really wants to get to the bottom of this, she is probably going to have to see your regular doctor for a physical and some blood work.  That would be a good place to start and then the primary care can decide where to go from there.  Good luck.

Bridget