Diabetes Expert Forum
Cold Hands and Feet
About This Forum:

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Cold Hands and Feet

I am Diabetic type 2
Hands and feet freeze a lot, if I eat the they get warm again.
I do keep me Blood Glucose at 80-110 most of the time.
I have recently developed in the past 21/2 months:
Cold hands and feet
hair thinning
weight gain
constipation
memory loss and confused
neck pain
dry skin
TSH 4.59
Chol. 172
Trig. 84
HDL 38
LDL  117
A1c  6.2

I just started on metformin. I asked Dr Lupo and he suggested early hypothyroid based on on my lab results. I forgot to tell him about my hands and feet.

Question is why does the cold hands and feet go away after eating? If it is even linked to diabetes.
Thank you for your time,
Jstype2