Diabetes Expert Forum
Diabetes Control
About This Forum:

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Diabetes Control

I was recently diagnosed with type II diabetes.

I'm a little confused as to what my blood glucose levels should be - both fasting and non-fasting. What is the right answer? Are there any good resources for learning more about the topic?
796253_tn?1344994932
Hi and thanks for using the forum.

The American Diabetes Association has a great website with a lot of information that may be helpful for you.  Also, medhelp has a lot of resources as well as communities where you can meet/talk with other people who have type 2 diabetes.    You should ask your doctor where he or she wants your blood sugars to be.  Typically, you want to keep your bloodsugars as close to normal as possible- this means a fasting blood sugar of less than 100mg/dl. Non fasting blood sugars should be less than 180 mg/dl.  However, target ranges are individualized and you should really discuss this with your doctor.  Good luck.

Bridget
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
5289563_tn?1366052034
Cathleen Zoretic, RNBlankBlank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity