Diabetes Expert Forum
Diabetes Fasting Number
About This Forum:

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Diabetes Fasting Number

Does anyone have any advice on how to keep or get my morning fasting numbers down? I've been drinking the Organic "mother" Apple Cider vinegar and having a piece of cheese before bedtime and drink Ceylon cinnamon with my coffee every day. I think its helping a little cause on the mornings im high its usually when i forget to drink the vinegar.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!  Nan

PS : i no longer eat pasta or regular bread - i noticed the Weight Watchers 100% whole wheat bread does not affect my numbers so i treat myself to a turkey sandwich about 3 times a week. Of course i stopped eating junk food and trying to drink alot of water ~ which is a bit of a chore for me.  I recently started using my treadmill and swimming in my pool. That pretty much sums it up. :o)
2 Comments
Blank
Forgot to mention that i am not taking any meds at this point, trying to lose weight and go back in three months for another A1C test.  My last A1C # was 6.6
Blank
you could be having "Dawn Phenomenon"  its your Liver dumping glucose in the morning for you to get ready for day of hunting and gathering.

what ever time you normally get up set your alarm for 2 hours ahead and take a BG reading, then try to go back to sleep LOL
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...
Sep 04 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank