Diabetes Expert Forum
Diabetes and PCOS

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Diabetes and PCOS
i have recent taken an ultrasound which indicated that i have polycystic ovaries but 3 yrs ago i was told that i have a cyst on right ovary which has now reached 5.1cms now. i am not sure how big it was when it was first discovered. everynight i wake up atleast 3 times to pee. when every i visit my ob/gyna he tells me that i have a bladder infection but i don't have the usual symptoms of painful urination etc. should i check for diabetes now or insulin resistance?
I apologize for my late reply.

PCOS is known to be associated with insulin resistance and diabetes, as you have suggested in your question. It is a good idea to be screened mainly for diabetes or early signs of gucose handling problems i.e pre-diabetes: ask your doctor about performing a 2 hour glucose tolerance test in the near future as a good starting point for both situations.
Take care.

A related discussion, Worried about symptoms i'm having was started.