Diabetes Expert Forum
Diabetes and eye pain
About This Forum:

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Diabetes and eye pain

I have confirmed diabetes through blood AC1 testing. My question is and I went and seen a optometrist and the doctor could not find anything wrong with my eyes. Doctor said my eyes are healthy. Reason I went to see the doctor was I have been experiencing eye pain in the back of the eyes everytime my blood sugar goes up. Pain is so severe that it feels as if the back of the eyes are tearing apart and I get a bad headache. Doctor said that I may have neuropathy in the eyes and I should see a neurologist. Can this be the case?
I know I have neuropathy problems as I have pain in my right heel, my left hand on bottom of finger is semi numb and I have pain in my right wrist, kind of like carpal tunnel. So I checked my left finger by using a needle that I use to check my blood and poke certian parts of side of the finger with out looking and did not feel anything. I explained that to my doctor and doctor agreed and made consultation to a nerologist for further examination. So my questions are could I have neurapathy as I have described