Diabetes Expert Forum
Diabetes/itching
About This Forum:

Questions in the Diabetes forum are answered by medical professionals. Topics covered include Type 2 Diabetes, blood glucose monitoring, diabetes and heart disease, diabetes and pneumonia, diabetes and pregnancy, diabetes and vision problems, diabetes and wound healing, diabetic complications, hyperglycemia, hypoglycemia, and insulin.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Diabetes/itching

Hi, I have recently been diagnosed with prediabites..I have been having bad itching in my back and butt area..I wanted to know if this has anything to do with high sugar level..I have been going thru this itch for about a month now..I cannot see anything on my body except for when I itch it then turns red..Is there anyway a doctor can look at your skin and determine the itch is caused from high sugar? I am not sure if my doctor just doesnt want to help or what..He is saying there is nothing I can do to help it..Could you please let me know if diabetes could be a cause of itching? Thank you for your help